Usage and warranty policy
1. All electrical motors, including fan motors make some noise, and may feel hot
to the touch. This is NOT a fault.
2. Ceiling fans tend to move during operation due to the fact that they are not rigidly mounted. (Rigid mountings can generate excessive vibration and stress on the mountings). Movement of a couple of centimetres is quite OK and does not suggest that the fan will fall down. The Ceiling fan is mounted securely on a metal Hanger Bracket with rubber cushioning joint to allow free movement. Please note that due to manufacturing variations not all ceiling fans are exactly the same - some may move more that others.
3. Ceiling fans are an environmentally smart, they help cool you in your home. They work by creating air flow which causes a cooling sensation on the skin. The faster the speed of the air flow, the greater the cooling sensation. Ceiling fans do not work by cooling the room, so they should be switched off when there is no one in the room, to save energy. The effectiveness of ceiling fans is also dependent on the humidity in the air – they are more effective in humid environments, and less so in dry ones.
4. During winter, a slowly turning fan may help to reduce heating costs. Warm air rises to the ceiling, where it cannot be felt by the occupants of a room, especially in areas with high ceilings. The fan helps to keep warm air away from the ceiling, and mixes it with the air below. Keep the fan speed low, so that the effects of evaporative cooling are minimized.
Normal wear and tear
Threaded components working slightly loose or parts even slightly damaged
or bent during vigorous cleaning or bumping can cause extra wobble and
noise. This is not covered under warranty, but care during maintenance and
cleaning should prevent this from occurring.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Caring for blades: Wood finish blades should be cleaned with a furniture polishing cloth. On Solid Wood blades occasionally a light coat of furniture polish maybe applied for added protection and beauty. Painted and high-gloss blades may be cleaned in the same manner as the fan finish.
Caring for finishes: For cleaning, a soft brush or lint-free cloth should be used to prevent scratching the finish. A vacuum cleaner brush nozzle can remove heavier dust. Surface smudges or an accumulation of dirt and dust can easily be removed by using a mild detergent and a slightly dampened cloth. Never use abrasive cleaning agents as they will damage the finish.
All WINDMILL Ceiling Fans MOTORs are warranted for FOUR (4) years from the date of purchase against manufacturing defects. Some limitations apply regarding indoor fans installed outdoors or when not maintained (eg. cleaned) regularly and the household environment promotes excessive condensation.
Other Parts, such as Blades, Canopies, rods, mounts, caps, cups etc. are warranted for TWO (2) years from the date of purchase against manufacturing defects and are warrantied only on parts and they can be removed or replaced by the customer. WINDMILL will not be held responsible for any bodily injury or damages to personal property or real estate whether caused directly or indirectly by the product.
Electric Capacitors are not covered under Warranty. REMOTE CONTROL WARRANTY All remote control are warrantied for ONE (1) year both for the receiver and the hand piece. Please note that the remote control is an accessory and not covered under fan warranty. Batteries are not covered under warranty. IF REMOTE is INSTALLED IN FAN with ANY OTHER SPEED CONTROL MECHANISM such as wall controller, Automation, Triac Controller, Heavy Surge Equipment etc. in line with the fan, the WARRANTY IS VOID.
The following is NOT covered by warranty.
1. Any damage incurred after delivery to the owner that is not caused by a fault in the products materials or workmanship; damage from lightning or power surges; incorrect installation; damage due to incorrect installation; noise or other influence of ripple control or information access systems operated over power delivery infrastructure; water damage of any kind; installation or use outdoors; damage arising from connection to or use with alternative power systems (e.g. inverters, solar, etc.).
2. Ceiling fans not installed by a licensed electrician.
3. Repair of a ceiling fan used incorrectly, accidentally damaged, modified in any way or not serviced in accordance with the maintenance instructions.
4. Travelling costs incurred by WINDMILL and/or the cost of transporting and insuring the ceiling fan between the nearest WINDMILL agents’ service depot and its normal location. These costs must be met by the purchaser
5. Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, claims for damage to furniture, carpet, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty ceiling fan.
6. Signals sent through the mains power supply by the electricity supplier for off peak hot water, and other signals including those for street lights and such. These signals may cause an intermittent humming in the ceiling fan. It is not the fault of the ceiling fan.
7. WINDMILL Fans not purchased and installed in INDIA.
8. A service call fee will be charged where; there is nothing wrong with the ceiling fan or; the defective operation of the ceiling fan is due to failure of electricity or; the installation is not in accordance with WINDMILL instructions and/or applicable local regulations or; the defects have been caused by incorrect application or abuse of the ceiling fan or; the damage has been caused by unauthorised persons attempting to repair the fan.